Small Animal Hospital
Why use WestVETS Small Animal Hospitals?
- Decades of experience – both our small animal hospitals are staffed with experienced small animal dedicated veterinarians. Between both hospitals, we have 8 small animal veterinarians.
- Fully equipped small animal hospitals – our small animal hospitals are well equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, comprehensive in-house laboratory, multi-parameter anaesthetic monitors and tonometry.
- Overnight monitoring – conventional veterinary practices often do not have any and are not equipped to have overnight monitoring of patients. Depending on individual patient requirements, those which require more intensive monitoring can have periodic checks arranged at our Anstead clinic*.
- Afterhours service – WestVETS is one of the few metropolitan veterinary practices which still have a vet on duty for afterhours emergencies. We routinely have two veterinarians on-call each night, one for each of our hospitals.
- Privately owned – WestVETS is not a corporate veterinary group or franchise. Our vets are not set financial targets or paid on commission. The practice owners work in the hospital and on the road alongside our dedicated staff where good patient outcomes are our primary objective.
- Convenient payment options – payments can be made using cash or Eftpos in our reception as well as via VetPay, Zip Pay and MediPay.
*There may be occasions where the severity of a patient’s condition warrants transfer to a specialist emergency and critical care facility.